Join Today!

Mobile History

Described as "echoes of Salem history," by the author of the Salem Heritage Network(SHINE), there are several historic buildings in town that have been preserved through a change of location. The Salem Heritage Network has completed an interesting series about these buildings that have been moved from their original sites and continue to be useful to the community. If you've ever wondered why the AC Gilbert House sits where it does today, this is where you'll find the answer. I wanted to point this out because I think this is an excellent use of internet technology to catalogue interesting information about Salem. There must be a ton of this historical information sitting around in libraries and museums around town just waiting to be rediscovered. Kudo's to the folks over at SHINE for doing the work to make this happen. Here's a link to the site.

1 comment:

  1. I think its a nifty blog. I loved reading the moving history of Salem...but then I love history. Makes me want my own little house with a long history.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.