Join Today!

Are you a cider drinker?

"I am a cider drinker
I drinks it all of the day
I am a cider drinker
It soothes all me troubles away"
~Wurzels 1976 (click for a dose of 1976 nostalgia)

Interesting link concerning the mysterious disappearance of cider drinkers from the United States.

Several days ago, I noticed a twitter from Wandering Aengus Cidery about their production of draft cider. I twittered back, hoping to get more information on where we might find their cider on tap.

I didn't hear back from Wandering Aengus, but I did hear from Becky Mucha wondering if they should add the cider to their offerings at Word of Mouth Bistro. I told her that N and I would love it (especially with summer coming on), but I wasn't sure about everyone else.

How about an informal poll to help out a local community member?
What say you? Are you a cider drinker?

10 comments:

  1. i love cider!!! especially from wandering aengus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the right idea! The taplist at WOM isn't exactly exciting or interesting. This is precisely the kind of locally produced, high-quality, and authentic beverage WOM and our community should support! It might require a bit of hand-sell by the staff, but I bet that folks respond. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had the Wandering Aengus cider, but one of the things that keeps me coming back to Venti's is the Ace Pear Cider on tap. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not much of a cider drinker but will have to try one of these Wandering Aengus. Can I buy it at a store?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can buy it at Santiam Wine Co., Fred Meyer and Bethel Vineyards -- oh, and online at Wandering Aengus :>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love cider! (...Way better than beer...shhhhh! Don't tell anyone that, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good cider! I have discovered the tap cider at Venti's as well, and sometimes when I just don't feel like beer, wine, or vodka, a nice sip of cider just hits the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the Wandering Aengus cider. I have found it at Roth's in the past, though I haven't looked recently. I have also found it at Whole Foods in Tualatin. It is such a nice alternative to beer and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's tough to find their dry cider anywhere but Bethel and on their website, but both their semi-dry and heirloom are easy to find here in town at Fred's and Santiam for $11 - 10 a bottle. I like to go to Santiam Wine Co. for the wine, cider and the balsamic vinegars and gourmet salt blends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stumbled on Wandering Aengus' tasting room today (Memorial Day) while wine tasting. Had to buy a bottle of their yummy Heirloom. The Apple Brandy was divine.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.