Join Today!

Allergy Attack in Salem



One thing about the Willamette Valley that I really don't like is the amount of pollen in the air this time of year. My eyes swell up and are irritated and my nose is constantly on the run. I've been known to break into a fit of uncontrollable sneezes at awkward moments. The only thing that has worked for me is Claritin which I buy the generic version of at Walmart. Without that pill I can barely function. These recent thunderstorms were really bad for me. I started to have trouble breathing and later discovered I wasn't the only one. KATU was reporting that 100 people showed up to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center on the day of the thunderstorm with similar respiratory problems. I found this google gadget while searching for pollen information online. It's kind of like a weather forecast for pollen just type in your zip code. If anything it'll be helpful to me. I'll put it in at the bottom of the salemites.com page later. enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if the pollen count widget isn't working. It was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.