Join Today!

Salem Event Calendar

Edit 12/16/2013
A new blog has been created for the Event Calendar. It has evolved quite a bite from 2009. You can find and follow the blog at: http://salemeventcalendar.blogspot.com/ as well as the Facebook page

6/19/2009
I've been wanting to do this for awhile. There are many sites and places to see a calendar of events for Salem, but there is something convenient about being able to have all of your calendars in one place. I use Google calendar frequently and found that I can import that same calendar into my iCal application. Now I can access the same information online as I do on my computer as I do on my iPod. Crazy, eh?

After following the Tea Party Book Shop's Google Calendar, I decided it was time to make a Salem events Google Calendar. I have added some large scale events and a few smaller ones with a wide spread appeal. My idea is to collect events in Salem that appeal to many types of Salemites such as festivals, fairs, special holiday events and cultural events. I'm not tracking concerts, unfortunately. Though if anyone wants to start a weekly concert calendar I'd be so grateful!

I want to have as many eyes and ears finding dates for this collection as possible, so add my email to your cell phone or address book and send me a quick note when you see a sign for something cool. In addition to the name of the event and the date, I'd like the time span, if it is kid friendly or not, and if there is admission for entry.

The email address is: salemOrCalendar@gmail.com

This calendar can be subscribed to by iCal and any other calendar application that accepts iCal or XML feeds (scroll to bottom of post for feed code). Or you can subscribe to this Salem Events calendar from your own Google Calendar. If you want to embed this on your site let me know and I'll send you the code.

I hope this will be just as useful to everyone else as it has been for me!




XML feed (copy and paste into application):
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/80hp1b3l1p6jv3gger1du5aegc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic
iCal feed (copy and paste into application):
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/80hp1b3l1p6jv3gger1du5aegc%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
HTML version (embed into your own site): http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=80hp1b3l1p6jv3gger1du5aegc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles

1 comment:

  1. Really, really cool, Lisa Anne. We've been needing something like this for awhile in Salem!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.