Join Today!

Salem Man in the Monthly

Anyone pick up a copy of the latest Salem Monthly? If you did, there's an article in there somewhere that I wrote called Fast Food Derby. It's my first time in print so I'm feeling a bit guilty about all the trees they must have had to cut down to publish that. I'm not going to link to it. You have to go out and get a copy of the actual paper to read what I wrote. Actually, don't get it for the article that I wrote, there's much more interesting reading inside. Emily Grosvenor wrote an excellent piece about the closing of the Oregon School for the Blind and the cover story is a hard hitting piece about the dizzying world of the Cherry City Derby Girls. The new editor of the paper, Eric Howald, is making the Salem Monthly a must read. My only complaint is that I can never find a copy of the paper in the news racks at the capitol. There is usually a stack of 200 Willamette Weeks even plenty of Portland Observers but no Salem Monthly.

1 comment:

  1. I read it! Quite a nice debut! You should just ask AP to bring some papers to the capitol. I'm sure he would comply.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.