Join Today!

Fun With Google Alerts "Rolyat Royam"

Have you signed up for google alerts yet? Google alerts is an email update whenever keywords are written online. For instance, if you want to stay on top of the latest information about Michael Jackson, an email would show up in your inbox whenever a new article is written with a link to the url. You can set it up for multiple alerts for specific keywords. I suggest that you google alert your own name to see if anyone is writing about you. A google alert for your website is also handy so that you can see if there is any new links coming in. A few emails a day is all that I've been getting and a lot of times it's for things I have written. But, it could be used in a fun way.

Here's how we can make google alerts fun. Set up a google alert for words that haven't been written yet. "Rolyat Royam" is Mayor Taylor backward. I set up a google alert for those words in qoutes and I'm going to see how long it takes to get an alert from it. If you write a post and put those words in it somewhere, I'll be alerted to what you wrote via email. Just stick it at the end of whatever you are going to write today. If you set up a google alert for those keywords,  you'll also see the alerts. It might be fun to see how many people write the words into posts now and in the future. I also made it a tag.

5 comments:

  1. just got my first google alert from rolyat royam
    http://jarlakansen.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-good-looking-guy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! So all I needed was a blog roll on the side, eh? :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I thought you embedded the words into your html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that's why I'll end up somewhere that makes no sense when I'm doing a search--somewhere on that page is a reference to a blog or link that does fit. Oft times it's too hard to ferret it out, tho.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.