Join Today!

Photobucket Account Over The Limit

I just got the bad/good news via email that some of the .jpgs and .gifs on eatsalem.com were in jeopardy of being turned off based on how much they have been viewed. Photobucket is a site that hosts images and videos that can be displayed on my blogs. I used this service originally because it displayed some of the animated ads better on the blogger platform that I use. The warning email was followed immediately by an email saying that the alloted free bandwidth has been exceeded. I quickly switched over the animated ads to Picasa without problem but wasn't able to fix everything. I had this happen a few months ago and I paid for 3 months of the Photobucket pro version. This is good news because it means that eatsalem.com is getting more time on people's computers. Statcounter.com stats show that July was the best month ever for the site in the categories of page hits(19,326) and unique visitors.(12,743)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, free bandwidth is nice, but at some point you'll use it all. I have had a Flickr account for years and have been posting my slide shows for my blogs on their lately. I'm glad I had that to fall back on when Picasa started filling up on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the stats! Your hard work is paying off. Well, maybe not literally yet, but... :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.