Join Today!

What's Happening at Salem Centre Movieland?

Cinebarre info on eatsalem.com

While walking around downtown last weekend, we couldn't help but notice the demolition going on inside Movieland. As Jonathon said, it looked like a bulldozer had been inside the theater lobby.

Until we saw it with our own eyes, I'd forgotten all about the July article in the SJ. While checking around on the web I found this article about the Cinebarre Theater that's been open in Seattle since May. With all of the redone and new theaters in town, it was time for the downtown one to spiff up as well.

Dinner and a movie, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. So there was a brief story a few months ago about a downtown grocery -- some real estate guy was saying he was going to open one. Since then, not a peep. Know anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walker, I found a phone number and address for Bishop's online, but when I called I heard the "we're sorry this line has been disconnected".
    I've been patiently waiting for them to open, but now I'm concerned about what's going on.
    (145 Liberty St
    Salem, OR 97301-3528
    (503) 316-5000‎)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy actually moved out of the country because he ran into money issues. So, probably not going to happen anytime soon :(

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.