Join Today!

Salem Art Fair 2009

So the Salem Art Fair is coming up this weekend. I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVE the art fair. There is nothing else like it from the mixture of local and out-of-town artists, the evening concerts on the grass, the greasy fried yakisoba noodles, your name in colorful calligraphy (for a donation of course), to the sense of community I always feel this time every year from our city.

My question is, how many days does it take to fully enjoy the art fair? I say 3.

The first day I always get exited and run around looking quickly at everything and immersing myself in culture, art and music. The second day I realize I need to slow down and actually look at each and every vendor booth, critiquing or drooling over each artist's passionate expression. The third day is the day to decide what to buy. I go over the vendors again, skipping those I wasn't interested in. When I find items I want, I go back and forth comparing them and debating over what I could use or enjoy more. It takes me until the end of the day to realize its not practical to buy a $100 diggery-doo and I go home with a $12 pencil drawing by my favorite artist.

What are your memories of the art fair and how many days do you take to soak it all up?

By Lisa Anne
Salem Oregon Event Calendar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.