Join Today!

Candy Exchange Monday!

If you're like me, you end up with a lot of leftover candy at the end of trick-or-treating on Halloween. Since I really lack the discipline to keep from eating that candy myself, I usually look for ways to get it out of my house.  Sometimes that works, and sometimes, I end up eating most of the leftovers over way too few days following Halloween.

This year, there's a great alternative to eating all that candy.  Monday, November 1st, from 4-9 pm, Mahoney Crossfit in Keizer is having a candy exchange. In exchange for candy, they are offering healthy snacks from Organic Fresh Fingers and Betty Lou's Nutrition. In addition, Venti's Cafe will be donating chicken and brown rice for barbecue. 

So what are they doing with the candy, you ask? There is a group of mothers of military troops that will be shipping the candy in gift baskets to troops overseas for the holidays. So you can get free healthy snacks and support our soldiers in one fell swoop. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.