Join Today!

To my Facebook friends in waiting

If you've requested to be my Facebook friend and haven't heard back from me, my apologies. I've avoided using this social networking tool because of the friends issue. It's not that I don't want any friends, it's just that I don't feel good about classifying people as friends or not friends. Facebook doesn't allow for too much gray area. I signed up for Facebook mostly so that I can get into the Eat Salem page and see how the program works. For now, you don't need to ask to be my friend on Facebook or in the real virtual world online. You are welcome to look at and comment on any of the sites that I contribute to and if you see me in real life, just assume that our relationship is considered friendly.

There's one exception to this. My wife wants me to friend her so that I can help her work on her farmville. 

1 comment:

  1. A few months ago I wrote a blog post about how I use Facebook. You might find it useful. I, too, initially had that issue with the term "friends."

    http://joshuabagby.wordpress.com/2010/02/04/how-i-use-facebook/

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.