Join Today!

Raindrops in my Coffee

The walk to the school bus stop this morning was a bit depressing, except for the fact that I thought of that clever post title. Actually, I don't want to talk about the weather, I really don't want to talk about the weather. there have been a couple of interesting things happening with salemites.com recently. One thing is that the site somehow ended up on stumbleupon.com. It's a site that randomly posts other websites. Stumbleupon.com has lots of readers, maybe tens of thousands. And when salemites.com showed up on there, a couple hundred readers showed up to our site. The statcounter showed 238 "uniques" that day. When I investigated how we got on that site I discovered we were linked in by fellow Salemite Gary J. aka Jugbo on Twitter. Gary is the ukulele player who posts a blog called droll exhaust. I've never met him in person but we've traded tweets and I often read about his life on his site.

I'm always amazed at all the different sites there are out there and what they do. Who would ever have thought that people would want to surf the web through random sites. Because so much of the traffic from stubleupon was from beyond Salem, it wasn't effective in creating new readers. That's OK because more sites are continuing to be added. Recent additions include; http://creativityon.blogspot.com/, http://foodandbooksandstuff.blogspot.com/, and http://www.robmcguire.net/.

If you'd like to add your site to this Salem web ring, send me an email and we will put you on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.