Join Today!

The Duty of Salem Citizens

I don't want to completely argue with what SalemMan said in his post, but I have to add something to it. I just want to throw this out there for debate.

Yes, Salem has come a long way since Mayor Taylor took the reins. Either because of her or in spite of her. I don't really have a lot of evidence on that.

What I do believe about this is that a government of any kind is only as strong as the citizens involved. The more citizens get involved, the more different voices are heard, the better that government (whether local or national) will become.

I really believe that the people of Salem finally stood up and said, "We want to live in a place that we like," and then proceeded to do something about it. Perhaps Mayor Janet Taylor is one of those people.

We should all be a part of this change. I think this is what is so important about salemites.com. It is helping the citizens of Salem to have a strong voice.

People need to be a part of their government in order to keep it in line. That's why I often question what is done in city politics and I think everyone should do so when an issue arises that they believe in strongly.
Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists
and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As
their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

So let's stay involved and help Salem continue to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.